Greenlands Insurance Services Limited (Company number 03589692) ("we or us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Greenlands Insurance Services Limited whose registered office address is Unit 1 The Science Park, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion SY23 3AH.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Roland Williams.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.greenlands.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to receive our e-Newsletter, requesting a quote, buying a policy, registering as an introducer, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your requests for quotes and or the purchase of policies.
- Details of your visits to our site [including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise] and the resources that you access.
- Details of your use of our site to report and/or manage your claim(s).
- During the quote process (for Small Business & Tradesman, Property Owners, Travel Insurance and Life Insurance), our site links to the sites of insurance companies where data concerning you will be collected directly by the insurer.
- To administrate our business.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To give you quotations, provide you with insurance policies where applicable and manage your insurance policies including claims handling and underwriting.
- We will pass information held about you onto insurance companies for the purposes of obtaining quotes for policies and providing you with insurance policies. Please refer to the section below headed “Disclosure of Your Information” for further details.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service or products.
- To contact you about your quotes and or policies.
- To facilitate your status as an “Introducer”, where appropriate.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you, or the subject of a previous quote which we provided to you.
Where we permit selected third parties to use your data for marketing purposes, they will contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) only if you have consented to this.
For certain policies, we will provide you with your policy details and documents by electronic means only.
If you do not want us to use your data in the ways outlined above, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (i.e. our quote form, the enquiry form or the e-Newsletter). You can also exercise the right at any time by writing to us at Greenlands Insurance Services Ltd, Unit 1 The Science Park, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion SY23 3AH.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Greenlands Insurance Services Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Please note we may check and/or file details with fraud prevention agencies and databases and if we are given false or inaccurate information or consider that we have been and if we consider we have identified fraud, we will record this. We and other organisations may also use search agencies and databases from the UK and other countries to:
- help make decisions about the provision and administration of insurance, credit and related services for you and members of your household;
- trade debtors or beneficiaries, recover debt, prevent fraud, and to manage your accounts or insurance policies; or
- check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you provide us with other satisfactory proof of identity.
We and other organisations may also access and use your personal and other information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example when:
- checking applications for, and managing credit and other facilities and recovering debt - please note that we carry out credit checks if you apply to pay your insurance premium by direct debit.
- checking insurance proposals and claims;
We, and other organisations that may access and use information recorded by fraud prevention agencies, may do so from other countries.
We can provide the names and addresses of the agencies we use if you would like a copy of your information held by them. Please contact us at Greenlands Insurance Services Ltd, Unit 1 The Science Park, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion SY23 3AH.
Motor Insurance Database (MID)
Information relating to your motor policy will be added to the Motor Insurance Database (MID) managed by the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB). The MID and the data stored on it may be used by bodies such as the Police and the DVLA with regards to electronic licensing (tax discs), law enforcement and government services or initiatives aimed at reducing the incidence of uninsured driving.
If you are involved in a road traffic accident (either in the UK, the EEA or certain other territories), insurers and/or the MIB may search the MID to obtain relevant information.
Persons (including his or her appointed representatives) pursing a claim in respect of a road traffic accident (including citizens of other countries) may also obtain relevant information which is held on the MID.
It is vital that the MID holds your correct registration number. We will update your details with the MIB; however it is important that you check your policy documents ensuring that your registration number is recorded correctly.
If your registration number is incorrectly shown on the MID you are at risk of having your car seized by the Police. You can check that your correct registration number is shown on the MID at www.askMID.com.
If the registration number is not shown correctly on your policy documents, or you cannot find your car on the MID, please contact us immediately.
We may ask you to supply us with sensitive personal information, as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998 (such as information about health or criminal convictions). We will only use sensitive personal data about you or others for the specific purpose for which you provide it and to provide the services outlined in your policy documents. You will have been asked to agree to this when you first contacted us. Please ensure that you provide us with sensitive information about other people only with their prior agreement.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Our site does contain links to and from the websites of insurance companies for quote purposes whereby you will transfer from our site to the insurer’s site, and may, from time to time contain links to partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website www.greenlands.co.uk (our site). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our site.
Your use of our site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
www.greenlands.co.uk is a site operated by Greenlands Insurance Services Limited (we or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 03589602 and we have our registered office at Unit 1 The Science Park, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion SY23 3AH, which is also our main trading address.
We are directly authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority under registration number 300768.
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Insurance quotation services
- Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
- We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
- The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
- Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be true, accurate and complete particularly where you are applying for a quote on a policy.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Terms of Website Use
Our terms of business apply to the products and services offered on our site. Your attention will be drawn to these when you apply for a quote or to buy a policy. By using our site you agree to our terms of business in force from time to time. [Any policy which you buy through our site will be subject to the policy terms and conditions of the relevant insurance company providing the policy. The key features of the policy will be provided to you prior to the time of purchase. The full terms and conditions and exclusions applying to the policy will be made available to you after purchase.]
Information about us
www.greenlands.co.uk is a site operated by Greenlands Insurance Services Limited ("we or us"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 3589692 and have our registered office and our main trading address at Unit 1 The Science Park, Aberystwyth SY23 3AH.
We are directly authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority under registration number 300768.
We are a limited company.
You may contact us regarding any matter appearing in our terms of business, or regarding any of our policies by phone on 01970 636925, by post at our registered office address above or by email on email@example.com.
Accessing our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We cannot guarantee that you will have uninterrupted or error free access to our site at all times, or that any defects will be remedied or that the site or server are virus or bug free. We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us.
When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our acceptable use policy.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off copies of your quote(s) and policy documents from our site for your personal retention and reference.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Product Terms and Conditions
The content of our site does not constitute an offer by us to sell products and services. Your request for a quote or to buy a product or service is an offer by you and will be subject to both our terms of business and the policy terms, conditions and exclusions of the particular insurer. Your offer may be accepted or rejected by us (or the insurer).
When you make an offer to buy a product or service, then if that product or service is available and your offer is accepted, you will receive confirmation of purchase.
The information, descriptions and key terms provided on our site (or on the insurer’s site) do not necessarily contain complete description of all the terms, conditions and exclusions applicable to the policy, and details of the precise cover provided will be contained in the policy documents issued to you.
You must ensure that details which you provide to us are true, accurate and correct as failure to do so may invalidate an insurance policy.
Our Site Changes Regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site without our prior written consent.
If you wish to make any use of material on our site other than that set out above, please address your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links from our site
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Jurisdiction and Applicable Law
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for visiting our site.